Other ways I keep myself from over eating:
- keep an elastic band on my wrist: When I feel like eating something that is unhealthy I snap my wrist with the band.
- brush my teeth: no one wants to eat anything when they've just brushed their teeth!
- chew gum: it curbs my appetite.
- read labels: when I want that hostess cupcake I just read the fat content and calories and remind myself "You do not want to have to work that off later!"
- exercise: if you're moving, you're not eating.
- set realistic goals: I would rather say "I want to lose 15 lbs by the end of this month." Rather than "I want to lose 80 lbs in 4 months."
- drink LOTS of water: water makes you feel full and hydrated.
- don't weigh every day: you'll only end up discouraged. I weigh in every week, or every 4 days.